Attestation of NORI Documents
- Completed application form for "Attestation of NORI Documents" with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
- Copy of valid Visa.
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement).
- Four notarized copies of bio data and affidavit [three copies will be returned to the applicant after attestation].
- Fee $66 and $2 for ICWF. The ICWF fee must be provided separately.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a seperate cashier’s check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted from walk-in applicants at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.
- The attested documents are required to be sent by the applicants to their corresponding State Home Department, Regional Passport Office and Ministry of Human Resource Development for their clearances. Upon receipt of clearances from all three offices, the applicants may apply for final waiver at http://www.cgihouston.org/page/display/66/19.
- Please note that w.e.f. 27 February 2016, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has launched a new portal http://nori.ac.in/ for receiving online applications for NORI. Applicants would have to apply online for submission of attested documents to MHRD and to receive MHRD's clearance. MHRD will continue to receive physical form of application for 90 days from the commencement of the new website (27 February 2016). Post 90 days, physical application will not be accepted by MHRD for the purpose.Upon receiving the attested documents from the Consulate, applicants would be required to upload the attested biodata and affidavit forms on the MHRD website.
- The procedure for receiving clearances from the corresponding State Home Department and Regional Passport Office remains the same as before, i.e., the appliacnts are required to send hard copies of their biodata and affidavit to the respective offices in India for obtaining clearances to apply for final waiver until further notice.
NO NORI Services for Medical Doctors
With effect from 5th March 2014, Consulate General of India, Houston had discontinued the provision of No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) Service for Medical Doctors.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi have issued new Guidelines, according to which, henceforth, No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) would not be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOH&FW) under any circumstance.