OCI Card is a multiple entry life-long visa which enables the holder to have unlimited travel and stay in India.
A multiple entry, multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India.
Exemption from registration with the local police authorities for any length of stay in India.
OCI Eligibility Criteria
A foreign national, who
• was eligible to become a citizen of India on26.01.1950, or
• was a citizen of India on or at any time after 26.01.1950, or
• belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947
• and his / her children and grandchildren, are eligible for registration as Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), provided his / her country of citizenship allows dual citizenship in some form or other under the local laws.
• The minor children of such persons are also eligible for OCI.
• a person, who is a minor child, and whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India; or
• spouse of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign origin of an Overseas Citizen of India cardholder registered under section 7A and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application under this section:
Provided that for the eligibility for registration as Overseas Citizen of India cardholder, such spouse shall be subjected to prior security clearance from a competent authority in India.
Note : No person, who or either of whose parents or grandparents or great grandparents is or had been a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh or such other country as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify, shall be eligible for registration as an Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder.
I. Conversion of PIO card in to OCI card & Reissue of OCI card:
The conversion of PIO cards in to OCI cards will be done free of charge (Gratis) for applications submitted until December 31, 2016.
In cases of erstwhile PIO cardholders, the new foreign passport number (when they get a new passport) will continue to be endorsed on the existing PIO card till the person concerned is issued an OCI card in lieu of the PIO card.
NOTE: All applications along with relevant documents and the requisite fee should necessarily be sent to COX and Kings Global Services, USA. The applications sent to the Consulate will not be entertained.