The applicant should appear in person and sign before the Consular Officer. If the applicant is unable to travel enclose the following with application
- Notarized signature of applicant
- Doctor's certificate
- Completed application form for "Life Certificate" with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- Applicant's valid Original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
- Copy of valid Visa/Green Card.
- Copy of the pension card.
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement).
- If the applicant is holding a B1/B2 Visa
- He/She should provide his/her son/daughter/relative's current passport copy.
- Son/daughter/relative's driver's license copy.
- If your son/daughter/relative is a US citizen then his/her old Indian passport first and last page copies.
- A letter from him/her to the Consular officer requesting this service for his/her parents/relative.
- Fee $0 and $2 for ICWF.
- If the applicant is applying more than once in the same year, an application fee of $25 and $3 towards ICWF will be charged.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". There should be a separate cashier's check or money order for ICWF Fee. Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post please sent a seperate $20/- cashier’s check or money order fee for return mail. No prepaid envelopes are accepted.