Consulate General of India
Houston, TX, USA
1990 Post Oak Blvd. # 600
3 Post Oak Central
Houston, TX 77056
E-mail: [email protected]
Serving Alabama, Arkansas, Florida,
Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas
Schedule for Consular Camps at stations other than Dallas and Atlanta in 2007
|Sunday, March 18, 2007
||India Cultural Center, 5511 Lynn Road, Tampa, FL 33624. Tel. 813-264-4638
||Mr. Chandra Patel at 813-340-5505 or Mr. Satya Shaw at 813-842-0345
|Saturday, March 31, 2007
||Hindu Society of Central Florida, 1994 Lake Drive, Casselberry (near Orlando), FL 32707.
||Mr.Sreenivas Jarugula Tel. 321- 262-6197. Email: [email protected]
|Saturday, April 21, 2007
||Office of Dr. Bose Yalamanchi, 985 University Drive, Coral Springs, FL - 33071 (Near Coral Square Mall).
||Dr. Sabeeha Khan at 954-577-9330. Email: [email protected]
Web site: www.aiaflorida.org
|Saturday, July 21, 2007
||Old Big Lots Store, 1770 Ellis Avenue Jackson, MS - 39204
||Babubhai M Patel, Indian Association of MS at 601-209-2228 OR 601-469-2500
- Please read instructions and fee schedule given in our website www.cgihouston.org for different services before filling up the application
- Applications for all consular services will be received from 0900 hrs. to 1230 hrs.
- An additional fee of $ 10/- may be added to the normal fee for each application submitted/service obtained at the Camp and $ 20/- may be added for visa/passport/miscellaneous applications requiring prior reference.
- Please ensure that the application is in appropriate form, complete in all respects with photographs, supporting documents, specimen signatures wherever applicable and the exact fee in one cashier/bank cheque/money order is submitted. Personal cheque/credit card is not acceptable.
- The original documents be presented for verification and return.
- For change in particulars in laminated pages of the passport please apply for new passport.
- Visa to US passport holders, and Miscellaneous service/attestation of documents (except PCC, renewal of short validity passport and re-issue of passports or changes of particulars requiring issue of a new passport) will be returned between 1630 hrs. and 1730 hrs.
- Validity of visa will commence from the date of issue.
- Persons of Indian Origin
- Persons of Indian origin who have acquired US citizenship are advised to surrender their Indian passports to the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate for cancellation. The cancelled Indian passport will be needed at the time of applying for visa for the first time, Persons of Indian Origin(PIO) card and registration as an Overseas Indian Citizen.
- Persons of Indian Origin applying for visa for the first time after acquiring US citizenship/passport, must submit their Indian passport, even if validity is expired, along with the application form for cancellation and return. If the visa is required on a new US passport, please submit previous US passport or photocopy of Indian visa.
- Non-US Citizens
- Applicants who are not citizens of USA, but hold long term US visa or a Green Card should submit a copy of the visa or the Green Card.
- Applicants who are not citizens/residents of the USA and hold a tourist or any other type of short term US visa should normally apply for Indian visas in the countries of their permanent residence. Visa application is accepted from such applications in case of emergency or special circumstance and an additional feel of $ 20/- would be charged. The processing time in such cases is 5-7 additional working days.
- Each visa application is considered on its merits and the Consulate may ask for additional information at any stage during the processing of the application. Submission of application along with prescribed fee does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Depending on the purpose of visit, apply for the correct type of visa. Change of purpose is not permitted after arrival in India. Visa should be utilized only for the purpose for which it was issued
- Please ensure the following while submitting your application:
- Visa application form is filled up legibly in bold capital letters in black/blue ink. Full name and particulars should be as in the passport.
- Passport is valid for a minimum period of six months and should have at least two blank visa pages.<.li>
- Two recent and identical passport size photographs - one affixed at the space provided in the form and one firmly stapled to the form.
to Home Page